Why Choose Timber Floors?
Timber floor Sydney
Solid timber floorings are one of the oldest building options. But they remain popular for many reasons. Part of this is because people like the look of natural woodgrain, which can be enhanced with many different finishes. Another is that hardwood lasts for decades with minimal maintenance.
Some advantages of timber floors
• Safe and Clean – there is virtually no place for dust and allergens to hide. This is very different to carpet, which attracts debris.
• Clean air. There is virtually no chemical residue from hardwood floors, though a protective finish may need to be ventilated for a few days.
• Low maintenance – they can be cleaned with sweeping or light vacuuming with a soft attachment. Occasionally they might be mopped.
• Environmental sustainability – we can grow more trees, and replace the ones being used for flooring. The growing trees benefit the environment.
• The natural look of timber is very appealing
• Timber matches many different decors. You don’t have to match colours as you would with carpet.
• Timber can be stained dark or lightened with lime wash.
• Timber can be re-sanded to restore its original finish.
• A timber floor can be stained a different colour, after re-sanding, to give a complete change of appearance.
• It is easy to add rugs for winter warmth, or leave the floor bare for air circulation in winter.
• Extremely long lasting. Timber floors will easily last a century, even if re-sanded every decade.
• Timber ages well. It’s won’t fade like carpet. Some even prefer the look of older timber flooring.
• While timber is expensive at first it proves cheaper in the long term because it last so long.
• Timber floors can be bought locally, from local materials and with local labour. So it can be completely Australian made.
Hardwood Timber floors add value to a home.